Join our team!
The Elk County Council on the Arts is seeking an individual to fill the position of Public Art Program Manager. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, highly organized, friendly, and have the ability to multi-task and quickly problem solve. No artistic talent required, but an interest and some experience in the arts is preferred. Non-profit, grant seeking, education, and/or project management experience is desired.
Elk County Council on the Arts
Public Art Program Manager
Full-Time Exempt Position
FUNCTION: Serves as the face of ECCOTA throughout the region, developing and maintaining relationships with local and regional partners, and with the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts (PCA). Primarily responsible for executing the Arts in Education program (AIE) and Pennsylvania Partners in the Arts (PPA) granting programs. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Arts in Education Program
- Facilitate all activities related to Arts in Education partnership across a five-county region. Including:
- Provide a minimum of one residency in each county/year
- Follow PCA guidelines for reporting and residency structure
- Implement the Poetry Out Loud program
- Secure match money for residencies (when necessary), in conjunction with the Executive Director and Development Coordinator
- Attend PCA curated AIE partner functions/trainings/workshops
- Maintain and recruit a roster of teaching artists
- Provide professional development opportunities for rostered artists
- Pursue opportunities for residencies at potential host sites
- Travel to meetings, workshops, and residency observations as required
Pennsylvania Partners in the Arts Granting Programs
- Facilitates all activities related to Pennsylvania Partners in the Arts granting programs across a seven-county region.
- Promoting the program through information sessions, targeted marketing, webinars & workshops throughout the region
- Providing assistance to all program and project stream grantees and prospective grantees
- Attending PCA held conferences
- Overseeing the annual Panel review process
- Coordinating annual check award ceremony
- Work evenings and Saturday hours as needed
- Establish and develop positive relationships with local and regional artists
- Assist with planning and execution of fundraisers, displays, exhibits, promotions, and educational programming in the ECCOTA Gallery
Pennsylvania Wilds Cooperative Administrative Support
- Act as the primary contact for basic questions about how the Wilds Cooperative works, membership status questions, etc., provide excellent customer service to members, returning calls and emails in a timely manner.
- Compose and distribute weekly e-blasts to trail membership; and bi-monthly newsletters from Program Director.
- Help maintain WildsCoPA.org
- Assist with 2 to 4 member jury sessions per year.
- Complete additional tasks and annual special projects as contracted by the PA Wilds Center
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, execute the organization’s strategic plan, as developed by the Board of Directors.
o Assist the Executive Director in developing, evaluating, and operating other educational programs.
o Identify, recruit, and develop relationships with instructors to develop class topics outside of the AIE programs
o Evaluate classes and assist in maintaining classroom space and materials
o Create marketing initiatives for educational programming
o Assist the Development Manager and Executive Director in researching and applying for educational project grants and funding
o Support and aid the volunteers of the Visual Artist Program Committee and maintain materials
- Create and distribute monthly blog posts to ArtBeat (via eccota.com) and through local press.
- Assist the Executive Director in gathering monthly programming, class and sales figures used in the Annual Report and grant applications.
- Assist the Executive Director and Development Coordinator on an Annual Report template, and the distribution of the report
- Assists the Executive Director and Development Coordinator with the organization’s financial position including:
o Facilitation and regular review of financial information for PCA grants
o Creation of annual budgets for the PCA grant programs
o Compilation of information for the annual financial audit process
Perform additional duties as requested by the Executive Director
Please submit a cover letter and resume no later than August 11 to:
Elk County Council on the Arts, 237 Main Street, Ridgway, PA 15853
Meet the current team.